Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Rogers and TSN2, or the lack thereof.

So, it's playoff time. That means, hopefully, actually getting to see Devils games on TV... or at least the possibility of it. Or it could be, if Rogers carried TSN2. Which, of course, it doesn't. What the hell? Stupid Rogers. So I get to miss the first game of the Devils-Hurricanes series. Figures.

I'm not sure why I pay 90$/month for cable. So I can't watch the things I want when I want? Television really needs to get it's act together. It's rough when I can go online and watch shows in as good (or better) quality than the broadcasts and at any time I want.

I'd be shocked if Rogers ever met any of my expectations. It's sad when a company does such a poor job that even coming within a mile of expectations would be considered a good thing. Of course, the government and CRTC need to get as much blame, since they don't believe that cable companies should face any competition in any given area. But then, how can a company that has previously given so generously be expected to face a free market? Maybe we should just nationalize them. I'm sure the government could do a better job at providing cable for me than Rogers... Heck, a trained monkey could probably do a better job.

No comments:

Post a Comment